The third edition of our Education Convention themed “Accelerating National Development Through Education” held in Landmark this year. Through the convention, Meadow Hall Foundation provides a platform for teachers, school leaders, school owners, parents, community members and leaders as well as government and policy-makers to gain fresh perspectives on pertinent educational issues from their interactions with Nigerian teachers and educational experts.
Kicking off the program this year was Mr. John Ofoesuwa, our compère, who invited our panelists – Dr. Modupe Adefeso-Olateju, Ms. Funmi Ilori, Prof. Yetunde Ajibade, Mr. Adeoye Abodunrin, to discuss Accelerating National Development Through Education, with our compère acting as the moderator. Our knowledgeable panelists drove their points home creating an atmosphere that bought everyone’s attention right from the get go. For the icing on the cake, Professor Josiah Ajiboye, our esteemed Keynote Speaker, took to stage delivering a wealthy speech. He praised The Foundation for its continuous hard work and maintained that teachers need to be professional in performing their duties. He also stated that teacher’s need a regulatory body to govern them, as expressed by The Foundation’s Founder in 2016 in an interview with Punch Newspaper.
The Convention broke out into little sessions after a tea break following our Keynote Speaker’s speech. These sessions included:
- Features of an Outstanding School Brand for School Owners/Leaders and facilitated by Mrs. Funke Fowler-Amba
- Improved Access to Quality Teaching and Learning for Government Officials/ Policy Makers and facilitated by Mrs. Folashade Adefisayo, Prinicipal Consultant/CEO, Leading Learning Ltd.
- Optimising Students’ Achievement through Formative Assessment for Teachers and facilitated by Mrs. Yinka Obafisoye, Director of Studies, Meadow Hall Education.
- Importance of Character and Civic Education for our Children and facilitated by Mrs. Simi Nwogugu, Vice Principal Academics, Meadow Hall Education.
At the end of the first breakout session, all the participants were welcomed back with their lunch and a new inclusion to the Education Convention Program – INSEA. Often hosted at the night of the Education Convention, The Inspirational Educator Awards (INSEA), which aims at elevating the teaching profession and motivating school teachers and head teachers to continue to strive for excellence in their profession, took place after lunch and before the second breakout session. The winners of this year’s INSEA are:
- The Inspiration School Leader category – Akinbami Modupe Adebola & Mrs. Charity Tony-Ubah, winning N1,250,000 each and Mr. Tajudeen Ayofe Amusan as the runner up winning N500,000.
- The Inspirational Teacher of the year – Mr. Soji Megbowon & Mr. Lanre Abolaji Oguntoye, winning N850,000 each and Mr. Olusegun Michael Adeniyi as the runner up winning N500,000
The atmosphere was celebratory as each winner was called to receive his/her award. Mrs Nwani believes that education plays a pivotal role in the socio-economic development of the country as a whole and the hard work of our teachers should not hide under the radar.
The Convention resumed afterwards and the second breakout sessions ensued as follows:
- Leveraging on Digital Marketing to Promote your School for School Owners/Leaders and facilitated Ugochukwu Ezeagwula
- Closing the Achievements Gap in Education for Government Officials/ Policy Makers and facilitated by Mr. Dabesaki Mac-Ikemenjim
- Preparing fpr Disruptive Teaching for Teachers and facilitated by Mr. Adeoye Abodurin
- STORIES WOTRTH SHARING: Raising Cyber Safety: Parental Control in the Digital Space and facilitated by Mr. Olusola Amusan, Mr. Mark Kupa and Mr. Tosin Jaiyeola.
The Convention rounded up with a Question and Answer Session panel made up of Dr. Olufemi Ogunsanya, Mrs. Folasade Adefisayo, Mr. Olufemi Folaponmile and Mrs. Yinka Ogunde, with Mrs. Folawe Omikunle as the Compère /Moderator.
The Convention was supported by:
- Meadow Hall Group
- Inspiration 92.3 FM
- Fidelity Bank
- Business Day
- Business Elites Africa
- Guaranty Trust Bank
- Stanbic IBTC Pension Managers