Thank you for your unwavering support last year. 2020 wasn’t the easiest year for all of us, as we were taken aback by the pandemic that has lasted way longer than expected. The year set us back in so many ways we did not expect but if there is one thing for certain, there is always light at the end of the tunnel. We should keep practicing social distancing, wear our masks and stay steadfast.
Due to the Corona Virus Pandemic, we couldn’t execute many of our programs. Understanding the current climate without abandoning the vision and goal of the Foundation, we sought creative means to improve the quality of Nigerian teachers for the underprivileged Nigerian child. We hosted 9 webinars and are currently producing 4 shows.
The webinars were hosted in our All About Teachers Facebook platform which was created strictly for professional development trainings and mentoring opportunities to equip teachers with the latest evidence-based strategies in education. Listed below are all the webinars that were hosted:
1. The Future Of Learning: Facilitating E-Learning. Facilitated by Nkechi Fakoya, Director of Studies (Infant School) Meadow Hall Education, On the 30th of April, 2020.
2. Adapting to Maximise Technology (High & Low Tech Solutions) for E-Learning. Facilitated by Olalekan Adeeko, Founder of TedPrime and Inspirational Educator Awards (INSEA) Ambassador 2018, on the 4th of May, 2020.
3. Mind + Tech: Finding a Balance. Facilitated by Toluse Francis, Founder & Therapist at Reuel Consulting, on the 15th of May, 2020.
4. COVID-19 & the Naira: The financial implications of the pandemic on private schools. Facilitated by Mr. Michael Famoroti, Chief Economist of Stears Nigeria, on the 11th of June, 2020.
5. Exercise & Online Schooling: The ABC’s of Working Out. Facilitated by Abayomi Oladinni, Founder of Fitcabal & CEO of Dinn Active Wellness Consult, on the 25th June, 2020.
6. Managing the Classroom & the Student: Understanding the needs of the classroom and the needs of the student. Facilitated by Mr. Oluwafemi Folaponmile, INSEA ambassador 2018, on the 14th of August, 2020.
7. Transforming Education for the 21st Century Learner. Facilitated by Charity Tony-Ubah, INSEA ambassador 2019, on the 28th of August, 2020.
8. Creating A Safe Space & Establishing A Relationship with Your Students. Facilitated by Mr. Lanre Oguntuye, INSEA winner 2019, on the 19th of September, 2020.
9. How to be An Effective Teacher. Facilitated by Mrs. Remi Tanimola, INSEA ambassador 2017, on the 26th of September, 2020.
10. Brand Management: Creating a reputation for your school. Facilitated by Koromone “KK” Koroye, on the 3rd of October, 2020.
11. Grammar & Diction: The Unwritten rules of communication. Facilitated by Folake Jeremiah, Senior Consultant at SOGA Verdure, on the 24th of October, 2020
12. Bridging the Technology Gap in Nigerian Education. Facilitated by Ebuka Ufere, Product Marketing Manager, Android and Education Nigeria, on the 4th of November, 2020.
13. Grammar & Diction: The Unwritten rules of communication continued. Facilitated by Folake Jeremiah, Senior Consultant at SOGA Verdure, on the 28th of November, 2020.
We decided to expand our reach and broaden our horizons. And how did we do that? We created 4 shows and brought on 4 experts in their corresponding field, with each show spanning 5 episodes. They began in November, 2020 and will end in March, 2021. An episode per show was posted every month on our social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram & Youtube. The goal was to put more flesh in our concurrently running webinars and diversify the topics. The shows are listed below:
1 Child Learning – Olufemi Folaponmile – Season 1
▪ Why everyone should contribute to child learning – episode 1.
▪ Making child learning productive – episode 2.
▪ The significance of recreation in child learning – episode 3..
▪ Understanding the psychology of ‘the’ child part 1- episode 4.
▪ Understanding the psychology of ‘the’ child part 2- episode 5.
2 Tech in Education – Olalekan Adeeko – Season 1
▪ What role should technology play in education? episode 1.
▪ How to integrate technology in the classroom? episode 2.
▪ How technology can aid learning and assessment? episode 3.
▪ Stem & Technology part 1. episode 4.
▪ Stem & Technology part 2. episode 5.
3 Brand Management – Koroye ‘KK’ Koromone – Season 1
▪ Your Identity – individually & for the School. episode 1.
▪ After Work Hours: Does my personal life affect the school’s brand? episode 2.
▪ Marketing, Brand & Communication Management: The Thin Line. episode 3.
▪ The Digital Age: Leveraging the internet. episode 4.
▪ Damage Control, episode 5 March, 2021.
4 Transforming Your Life: Charity Tony-Ubah – Season 1
▪ The critical role of vision as a transformative tool for self-development – episode 1.
▪ Understanding the power of feedback: A necessary tool for Growth & Development – episode 2.
▪ Being a 21st Century Teacher: A necessity in our world today – episode 3.
▪ Creating a Work life Balance: Balancing your personal needs & the needs of the school part 1 – episode 4.
▪ Creating a Work life Balance: Balancing your personal needs & the needs of the school part 2 – episode 5.
SCHOOL ADOPTION PROGRAM
In a partnership with Little Drops Fund, we began the renovation of the nursery rooms at Ilasan Nursery, which is almost complete. Chairs, tables, educational toys, shelves, instructional materials, mattresses etc. were also purchased in collaboration with students & parents of Meadow Hall Education.
There is still a lot of uncertainty due to the ongoing pandemic but worry not, as we have a ton of trainings and shows planned. Expect Season 2 of the aforementioned shows as well as important topics such as Financial Management, Grammar & Diction, Mental Health and Customer Service. We also hope to complete the renovation of the nursery rooms at Ilasan Nursery & Primary School.
We pray for a prosperous year for us all. God bless you.