Meadow Hall Foundation’s Education Convention provides an opportunity for teachers, parents, and other stakeholders to gain fresh perspectives on pertinent educational issues from their interactions with Nigerian teachers and educational experts.
Great teachers are key to the provision of a qualitative education for the Nigerian child. A qualitative education can lead to meaningful economic development and, ultimately, the prosperity of our great nation. Meadow Hall Foundation’s Education Convention provides an opportunity for teachers, parents and other stakeholders to gain fresh perspectives on pertinent educational issues from their interactions with Nigerian teachers and educational experts.
This year, the compère, who was Mr. John Ofoesuwa, kicked off the event at 9am, introducing the first set of panelists – Prof. Anthonia Maduekwe, Mr. Fela Durotoye, Mrs. Ronke Soyombo & Dr. Modupe Adefeso and key note speaker – Prof. Oyewusi Ibidapo Obe. After being enthralled by the knowledgeable panelists on the topic: – Addressing the Quality Question in the Education Sector and the keynote speaker, the participants broke into groups for the first session of the day. These sessions included:
- An Enduring Structure: Sustaining your Brand for School Owners/Leaders and facilitated by Mr. Lolu Akinwunmi, Group CEO Prima Garnet Africa.
- Who Owns the Curriculum for Government Officials/ Policy Makers and facilitated by Mrs. Folashade Adefisayo, Prinicipal Consultant/CEO, Leading Learning Ltd.
- Personal Effectiveness: the Key to Unlocking your Highest Potential for Teachers and facilitated by Mrs. Yinka Obafisoye, Director of Studies, Meadow Hall Education.
- Guiding your Child’s Academic Career Path for Parents and facilitated by Mrs. Fatimo Okeowo, Vice Principal Academics, Meadow Hall Education.
The participants were welcomed back after the first session with lunch while being engaged by vendors who had products and services to advertise. Shortly after, the second session kicked of:
- Schools of the Future for School Owners/Leaders and facilitated by Mr. Babajide Duroshola, Community Manager, Technical Talents, Andela.
- Driving Quality Recruitment for Government Officials/ Policy Makers and facilitated by Mrs. Lola Esan, Director, People and Organisation, Ernst & Young.
- Making Learning Authentic for the Nigerian Child for Teachers and facilitated by Mrs. Oluremi Tanimola, winner INSEA 2017)
- STORIES WOTRTH SHARING: Raising Godly Children in the 21st Century and facilitated by Mrs. Ronke Soyombo (DG, Lagos State Office of Education Quality Assurance), Mrs. Ese Daniels, Mr. Akin Ayoola.
At the end of the second session, the compère introduced the second panelists of the day – Mrs. Kehinde Nwani (MD, Meadow Hall Group), Mrs. Yinka Ogunde (Principal Consultant, Edumark Consult), Mrs. Folasade Adefisayo and Mrs. Nike De Souza for a question and answer session to which they all delivered perfectly.
At 4:30pm, the convention concluded with over 500 people in attendance across the State.